Skip to main content

Yes, if you have reached agreement with your ex about your property, you most definitely should finalise it by way of consent orders. That way, the agreement becomes final – in theory, no-one comes back for another go!

The agreement is also a binding court order, and able to be enforced. The other advantage is that if you have a court order, you are exempt from stamp duty if you are taking over the title in the house. Consent orders can be tricky to prepare however, so best to get some legal advice.

Visit the Collier Family Law website or read more from Nardine HERE.