Skip to main content

If you really had no other options regarding breached consent orders, you could file a Contravention Application. This is a serious application however, and it is treated seriously by the court. Also – the court can order costs against you if the application really wasn’t necessary! So you would only take that action with legal advice and where it was justified.

Other options include a letter from a lawyer requesting your Ex abide by the orders; and mediation. There might also be other court proceedings you can bring.

It really comes down to what the breaches are, how often they occur, how serious they are and what effect it is having on the children. This is a situation where you MUST get advice before taking action.


Visit the Collier Family Law website or read more HERE.