It can be hard to resist the endearing puppy dog eyes your pooch gives you during dinner time, but a little reward from the plate may be more harmful to your furry friend than you may think.
While delicious to humans, there are several foods that are toxic to dogs. These include chocolate, raisins, grapes, onion, garlic, and xylitol, a sweetener found in some types of peanut butter. Other foods such as dairy products, avocados, macadamias and mouldy pecans can cause your pet a great deal of nasty symptoms.
Even if you take precautions, sometimes your dog gets their paws on something they shouldn’t. If you believe your dog has eaten something toxic, contact your vet right away.